The National Institutes of Health (NIH), a part of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, is the primary Federal agency for conducting and supporting biomedical research. Composed of 27 Institutes and Centers, the NIH provides leadership and financial support to researchers in every state and throughout the world.
- Introduce automated testing. For the pilot system, automated testing in the form of JUnit was used on less than 10% of code base.
- Manage legacy and new code and contractors. Extend automated testing to new code development as well as the legacy code project (20+ applications). Ensure that teams from multiple contractors embrace automated testing.
- Use Agitar to create mocks and inject easily to isolate code.
- Use Agitar to develop automated tests today and make automatic testing part of the development process moving forward.
- Within six months, Agitar is in use by three teams and by approximately 40% of the developers on those teams.